Guwahati is the biggest city in the state of Assam, also the largest metropolis in entire northeastern India, and unfortunately, the worst affected by a coronavirus in the region.
However, to tackle the coronavirus, the Assam model was highly praised, and the state was amongst the top to control and contain the spread. But with new variants emerging, despite the proactive approach of local authorities and resilience of citizens, the cases are increasing rapidly. Recently, the iconic IIT-Guwahati recorded 50 positive cases inside the prestigious campus. It resulted in the government imposing strict restrictions to and from the campus along with ramping up of RT-PCT tests in Guwahati, as required. In addition, proper guidelines have been laid in Guwahati city as the entire state of Assam is said to be doubling the number of cases every day.
Please follow 8 guidelines below if you are travelling to and from Guwahati
- Strict curfew is imposed in Guwahati from 10 PM – 6 AM.
- Commercial shops, businesses, private, and/or government establishments are ordered to close maximum by 9 PM.
- Dine-in restaurants, Dhabas, other eateries are allowed to be open up to 9 PM with 50% capacity. However, take away of food is allowed till 10 PM.
Public and Private Transport
- No restrictions for goods transport as they work unhindered.
- While enforcing strict COVID-19 behavior and following the norms to passengers, taxis, and auto-rickshaws to operate with 100% capacity with fully vaccinated passengers only.
- Heavy fines shall be imposed for transport owner and passenger both if the passenger is found standing.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for even a person traveling alone in a 2-wheeler or 4-wheeler.
- Only those who are fully vaccinated and wearing a mask will be allowed to be a pillion on the motorcycle.
- While pharmacies, hospitals, health clinics are to be operational round the clock, hotels, and resorts are to be closed by 9 PM, with 10 PM being the last time for delivery through e-commerce firms.
- Gathering to iconic and religious places is allowed only for the fully vaccinated person and a maximum of 60 and 40 in numbers per hour, respectively.
- In closed venues like banquets, gathering 50% of seating capacity is allowed, maximum capped at 200 pax.
- Gathering at funeral/rites is allowed with not more than 100 people and 200 single/fully vaccinated persons for religious or marriage ceremony, subject to District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) approval.
At The Airport
- All passengers carrying fully vaccinated certificates are exempt from any testing procedures on arrival.
- Rapid Antigen test (RAT) and RT-PCR test in Guwahati will be conducted subsequently. If found positive in RAT, strict home isolation is allowed only after the authority’s treatment along with getting a negative RT-PCR test result.
- If a passenger is found negative in RAT result, an RT-PCR test will be conducted at the airport for which the person has to bear the amount of INR 250 to State Health Department. The passenger is allowed to leave but remains home quarantined until the results are declared.
- If the RT-PCR result is positive, home isolation is allowed and adhered to until a negative RT-PCR report is shown.
- Children under 10 years of age arriving with fully vaccinated parent(s)/guardian are exempt from compulsory COVID-19 testing. However, they can take up voluntary paid RT-PCR test in Guwahati, if desired.
- The same rules are applied for anyone arriving or leaving Guwahati via the airport.
For Educational Institutes
- All schools up to class V shall remain closed with no virtual classes until further notice.
- For class 6 and above, alternate-day physical classes are allowed, subject to following strict COVID-19 protocol.
- For college/universities, quality virtual study arrangements shall be arranged. Physical classes are allowed for final year students of Engineering/Medical degree, but only for those with full vaccination certificates.
- All persons coming to and/or living in Guwahati and other districts of Assam have to carry their vaccination certificates (digital or soft copy), as no entry will be allowed to anyone unvaccinated or not carrying the certificate w.e.f January 15, 2022.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory. Any non-compliance to it will follow an apt penalty and fine.
- Shopowners, along with providing hand sanitizers in their shops, shall ensure at least six feet of physical distancing amongst their customers,
- Industrial units and Tea gardens are to function, as usual, subject to a strict following of COVID-19 protocols. The Head of the unit/garden is responsible to ensure the same.
- Illegal production and sale of country liquor are to be followed and scrutinized across all the districts, owing to the COVID-19 containment measure. Deputy commissioners and Excise personnel need to ensure the same.
These are the guidelines to be followed in Guwahati and all other districts in the state of Assam. As the COVID-19 situation is dynamic, authorities will ensure to review them regularly and mandate.
The local authorities with health officials are encouraging the people to self-isolate and undergo an RT-PCR test in Guwahati as soon as they get doubtful of viral contact or develop any COVID-19 symptoms, the most common among them are flue-like cold, cough, persistent fever, body aches, and sore throat.
Various diagnostic labs are working collectively to ensure early and large-scale testing in the city to mitigate the spread. One such lab, SpiceHealth, is leading the way and offering quality and affordable healthcare to all in the city. With convenient services like covid home sample collection, remote collection through mobile testing, etc. SpiceHealth remains at the forefront in India’s battle against COVID-19. In case you or your loved one needs to undergo an RT-PCR test in Guwahati, you can easily book your appointment with SpiceHealth online.
click here for more articles.
Most Active Authors
Theinspirespy is an online platform that publishes news and insights on fashion, beauty, lifestyle, technology and more. A platform for sharing favorite things and knowledge with the world. It’s all about bringing a Spy in you and choosing the right things”