Add Some Spice to Your Diet: Making Spicy High Protein Beef Jerky
Spicy food lovers rejoice! There is a way to add some spice to your diet while maintaining a healthy and balanced amount of protein. Beef jerky is a tasty snack that can be spiced up with plenty of flavor. Not only is it a great source of protein, but it also can be made in the comfort of your own home. If you’re looking to add some spice to your diet, then making your own spicy high protein beef jerky is the perfect way to do it.
What is Beef Jerky?
Beef jerky is a type of snack made from lean, dried meat. It’s typically made from beef, but can also be made from Turkey, pork, or other meats. Jerky is usually cut into thin strips and then dried either by sun or oven. It’s a highly portable snack that’s high in protein and low in fat. It’s also a great way to get your daily dose of protein while still being able to enjoy a snack.
Benefits of Eating Beef Jerky
Beef jerky is a great snack for anyone looking to add more protein to their diet. It’s a low-fat, high-protein snack that can be eaten on the go. It’s also a good source of iron, zinc, and B vitamins. Eating high protein beef jerky is also a great way to curb hunger and keep you feeling full for longer.
Why Make Your Own?
Making your own beef jerky is much healthier than buying it pre-made. Store-bought beef jerky is often high in sodium and added preservatives. By making your own, you can control the ingredients you use and make sure you are getting the most out of your snack. Plus, it’s a fun project that you can do with your family or friends.
How to Make Spicy High Protein Beef Jerky?
Making your own spicy high protein beef jerky is easy and rewarding. All you need is some lean beef, a few spices, and a few hours of time. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 pound of lean beef
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Trim the fat off the beef and cut into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, mix together the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, and sea salt until everything is evenly combined.
3 Add the beef strips to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Lay the beef strips out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn off the oven and leave the beef in the oven for another hour.
7 Remove the beef from the oven and let cool before serving.
Tips for Making Spicy High Protein Beef Jerky
- When cutting the beef, make sure to use a sharp knife and cut in one direction. This will help you get thin, even strips.
- For extra flavor, try adding your favorite spices to the mix.
- To make the jerky chewier, add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the mix.
- If you want to make the jerky spicier, add more chili powder to the mix.
- For a smoky flavor, try adding a teaspoon of liquid smoke to the mix.
- If you’re looking for a different texture, try cutting the beef into cubes before marinating.
Making your own spicy high protein beef jerky is a great way to add some spice to your diet while still getting plenty of protein. It’s an easy and rewarding project that you can do with your family or friends. All you need is some lean beef, a few spices, and a few hours of time. Give it a try and enjoy the flavor!
Most Active Authors
Theinspirespy is an online platform that publishes news and insights on fashion, beauty, lifestyle, technology and more. A platform for sharing favorite things and knowledge with the world. It’s all about bringing a Spy in you and choosing the right things”
© Copyright - theinspirespy 2021
View Comments (0)