Bharti Airtel (“Airtel”), which was the first operator to introduce its Voice over Wi-Fi service in India, has added six new devices to the list of smartphones that are compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling.
Now, Airtel customers on Samsung S10, S10+, S10e, M20 and One Plus 6 & 6T can configure Airtel Wi-Fi calling, which enables them to seamlessly switch to voice over wifi inside their homes/offices.
There is no extra charge for making calls via Airtel WiFi Calling. The service is LIVE in Delhi/NCR and is expected to be available in major Indian cities in the coming days.
Customers can get started on Airtel Wi-Fi calling on their smartphone without the need for any additional calling app, SIM.
Here is how you can get started with Airtel Wi-Fi Calling
- Check device compatibility on airtel.in/wifi-calling
- Upgrade device operating software to the latest version that supports Wi-Fi Calling*
- Now, go to Settings on your mobile phone and Switch On Wi-Fi Callingto get started
- Keep VoLTE switched on as well for a seamless experience
Complete list of Airtel Wi-Fi Calling compatible devices
- Apple: All iPhone models starting 6s and above
- Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro & POCO F1
- Samsung: J6, A10s, On6, S10, S10+, S10e, M20
- OnePlus: All OnePlus 7 and 6 series devices
*This update is provided by handset manufacturer. Check with handset brand if you cannot find this upgrade.