Mathematics as an expression of the human mind reflects the active will, the contemplative reason, and the desire for aesthetic perfection. Its basic elements are logic and intuition, analysis and construction, generality, and individuality. — Richard Courant
Maths is very fun-loving and tricky. This subject is hated by some and loved by others. You go to a local store to buy some things, you need to calculate the total of all the items that you have purchased. Math can be hard at times, but it can become very easy once you understand the tricks. Every student makes a study pattern and tries to follow it throughout the year.
He/she aims to score well with this but there is a large number who do not have a clear idea about how to study or what pattern to follow to get things done. This result in bad grades and overall poor performance. Most students are scared to give exams but if they prepare strategically, they can ace them. The examination is conducted at the end of every grade to check a student’s knowledge.
Students face problems like :
- Missing out on important topics
- Forgetting formulas
- Anxiety during the paper
- Focusing too much time on one question
Every student works hard by trying out different study methods by which he or she feels that he or she can score well but this leads the student to face numerous problems. In this article, we will educate you with some last-minute tips and tricks that you can follow in order to score well in your class 7 maths exam.
- Formulas – Revise all the formulas thoroughly. Make different and separate types of tables and divide the formulas chapter-wise. Use different color pens according to the chapters so that you will remember the formulas accordingly. Plan out your study time. Identify important topics to spend more time on then and less time on the least important ones. Once you have decided on it, make sure you create a schedule and find a place to study where nobody disturbs you. Give enough time for Algebra, Commercial math, Arithmetic, Geometry. Create a separate notebook for formulas or theorems.
Some of the important chapters that every student should focus on are :
- Linear Equations in One Variable
- Understanding Quadrilaterals
- Rational Numbers
- Data Handling
- Comparing Quantities
- Squares and Square Roots
- Algebraic Expressions and Identities
- Introduction to Graphs
- Playing with Numbers
Many students fall into the trap of last night study, which is indeed a poor way of preparing for the crucial exam. This never works. By studying like this, you will forget the formulas during the exam, so it is important that you study regularly and do not overwhelm yourself.
- Textbooks – Follow your book religiously as they cover all the concepts and important questions that you can expect in your exam. NCERT will not only help you in your upcoming exams but also in various competitive exams like JEE, AIEEE, NEET. So, it is important to follow it religiously. You can also refer to various other books but try to stick to NCERT chapters and avoid wasting too much time on other books.
- Use of equipment: The use of precise equipment will help to set perfect core. Make sure to carry all the equipment like protractor, triangle, and compass. Do read all the instructions mentioned in the question paper. You can even ask your teachers about the best quality equipment for your exams. Make sure to carry all this in your bag before you leave for the exam.
- Right mindset: Having the right mindset will not only help you in your life but also your studies. Use your mornings to study as that is considered to be the best time. Go for a run, meditate or and have something light before you sit down for study. This will keep your head clear and you will understand things better.
- Avoid distraction: This is extremely important as mobile phones can be a huge distraction especially when exams are around. Make sure to avoid keeping your phone with you when you are studying. You can request your parents to keep your phone with them and only give you when you are done with exams. You can always use a landline to call your friends. Also, avoid discussing topics with your friends just before the exam. That can confuse you and leave you wasting precious time.
- Ask for help: Take help from teachers whenever you are in doubt. Make sure to go to your teachers first instead of asking your friends as they can confuse you. Your teacher will be able to explain you concepts better than your friends. You can also ask them about important topics and chapters. They might give you some hints which can be extremely beneficial before the exam. Avoid indulging in covering too many topics at once and stick to main topics.
- Use of different study techniques :
The famous Mnemonic technique
This has proven to work best when it comes to retaining information. Try this technique. It makes use of elaborative encoding, retrieval cues, and imagery as specific tools.
- Review: Review each step and then check the final answer. Solve questions using all required steps. Don’t skip any step else there is a possibility that you can end up getting the wrong solution. Before the exam, try to solve different types of questions without using the textbook. Before going into the exam hall, read the formula sheet that you have made. Once you finish reading it, wait for a minute and calm yourself. This will help by keeping your head clear throughout your exam. Best of luck with your exams and happy learning!
click here for more articles
Most Active Authors
Theinspirespy is an online platform that publishes news and insights on fashion, beauty, lifestyle, technology and more. A platform for sharing favorite things and knowledge with the world. It’s all about bringing a Spy in you and choosing the right things”