We consume a lot of dairy food items in our day to day life. These dairy items contain a lot of fats that can lead to lactose tolerance and an increase in weight in the body. Some of the dairy products can also cause intolerable allergies in the body. The presence of lactose can prevent you from achieving your weight reduction goal. Luckily, there are several types of dairy substitutions that allow you to easily adopt a dairy-free lifestyle. With plenty of dairy-free recipes, it becomes easy to follow a dairy-free ketogenic diet.
Why are dairy products not advised under the keto diet?
Many people have intolerance towards lactose and they do not even realize it. For them, consumption of dairy products is really a problem. Lactose intolerance or protein found in dairy items can lead to allergy and pose a problem in its disintegration in the body. A major section of the entire human population has reduced capacity to digest lactose post-infancy.
This inability to digest lactose, can cause flatulence, abdominal cramps, stomach upset, bloating, intestinal or stomach pain, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, and several other familiar but unpleasant gastrointestinal disorders. To deal with this lactose intolerance, dairy products are substituted with healthy fats. There are several stores where you can get keto meals delivered to your doorstep.
How does the keto diet deals prevent side effects caused due to lactose intolerance?
A ketogenic diet comprises dairy-free food items that can help a person deal with such issues effectively. By eliminating all dairy products from the diet, you will not see any side effects caused by lactose. In this way, problems related to lactose intolerance can be solved. The ketogenic diet has very low amounts of lactose as compared to any other dairy-containing diet. So, you are going to see lesser side effects with keto meals. Let’s start with the Walnuts Nutrition Facts and health benefits of walnuts.
Things to avoid in a dairy-free keto diet
- Butter, butter oil, butterfat, butter esters, and butter acid,
- Casein, rennet casein, casein hydrolysate, and all forms of caseinates
All types of animal milk-based cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Cottage cheese
- Lactalbumin, lactoferrin, and lactalbumin phosphate,
- Lactose, tagatose and lactulose
All types and forms of milk
- Protein powders containing milk
- Sour cream, sour milk solids, and sour cream solids,
- All forms of Whey
- All forms of Yogurt
- Artificial butter flavor
- Caramel candies
- Baked goods
- Luncheon meat, sausages, and hot dogs that use “milk protein casein” as a binding agent.
Non-dairy products made with casein
- Tuna fish that contains casein
- Grilled steaks with butter for extra flavor
- Some medicines that have milk protein
What are the permissible foods to be eaten on a dairy-free Ketogenic Diet?
- Animal fats and plant-based oils
- Red meat, seafood, and poultry
- Low-carb vegetables, leafy and green produce
- Low-carb fruits such as berries, citrus fruits, avocados, etc.
- Nuts and seeds such as macadamias, almonds, and pecans
Thus, a dairy-free ketogenic diet includes several foods to substitute dairy products that eventually assist in reducing weight without any issues caused by dairy products.
Most Active Authors
Theinspirespy is an online platform that publishes news and insights on fashion, beauty, lifestyle, technology and more. A platform for sharing favorite things and knowledge with the world. It’s all about bringing a Spy in you and choosing the right things”