CCBA, or Certification of Competency in Business Analysis, is offered by the International Institute of Business Analysis. This professional certification is mainly provided to business analysis practitioners.
Enthusiasts can learn the basics of CCBA and master the techniques of practical business solutions. It helps produce efficient, reliable, and consistent results to the core.
This certification course comes with plenty of merits as it provides tickets to numerous career opportunities across the globe. CCBA requires you to be well acquainted with every evolving trend and business requirement. You will take a quick ride through this article while learning more about CCBA. Let’s get started.
CCBA – What is it?
CCBA is a certification program exquisitely designed by IIBA to recognize the ability of all business analysts. It will determine whether or not you can take responsibility for complex projects.
This program mainly focuses on personal development, competency, work experience, familiarity with business requirements, and the latest trends. The most sought-after certificate program is highly beneficial for all mid-level business analysts.
Benefits of Acquiring CCBA Certification
The CCBA certification program comes with numerous benefits. Some of them are:
- It opens up excellent career opportunities for business analysts. It complements the work experience of all business analysts and paves the way to learn some new industry-approved skill sets.
CCBA certification is the best option if you’re willing to switch to business and management from technical.
- It provides a competitive edge to business analysts over other candidates during employment procedures. It is probably the most valued certificate program in the industry.
As a business analyst, you can prove to your employer that you’re capable of taking greater responsibility. Besides, you have the proficiency and knowledge to deal with larger complex projects.
- It provides the opportunity for business analysts to work on professional projects, thereby ensuring high-quality delivery.
- CCBA candidates get formal recognition as competent business analysts. And thus, they can expect a more competitive salary.
- CCBA certification program doesn’t only benefit individuals but organizations as well. Industries can showcase that their high-quality staff works on projects to deliver quality results.
What are the Basic Skills of CCBA?
The basic skills of the CCBA certification program include:
- 50 business analysis tools
- Business analysis key concepts
- Solution evaluation
- Elicitation and collaboration
- Monitoring and Business Analysis Planning
- Business Analysis Core Concept Model
- Requirements Lifecycle Management
Who Should Learn the Basics of CCBA?
The basics of the CCBA certification program must be learned by:
- Business Analyst
- Project Manager
- Financial Analyst
What Things Will You Learn in the Basics of CCBA?
The things that you will learn in the basics of CCBA include:
- Introduction of IIBA and CCBA Certification
- Introduction to CCBA Certification
- Introduction to BABOK
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Elicitation and Collaboration
- Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
Eligibility Criteria for CCBA Certification
CCBA is an intermediate-level certification program exquisitely designed for junior business analysts. Nevertheless, IIBA demands certain things to determine all those who are eligible for the certification program. Interested candidates must fulfill the following:
- Have work experience as a business analyst for 3750 hours over the past seven years.
- Must complete Professional Development for at least 21 hours in the past four years. However, you must have completed this part with any IIBA endorsed education providers.
- Must have completed work in 2 out of 6 BABOK Guide knowledge areas for at least 900 hours. Or in 4 out of 6 BABOK knowledge areas for at least 500 hours.
- Should have at least two references from a client, career manager, or a CBAP certified professional.
- Must have a minimum high school or equivalent educational qualification.
- Should agree to IIBA Terms and Conditions.
- Should agree to the IIBA Code of Conduct.
What is the Salary of the CCBA Certification Program?
The average salary of a business analyst with a CCBA certification is around $99,136. Besides, a business analysis professional with a CCBA certification earns 8% more than non-certified professionals.
What is the Exam Fee for CCBA Certification?
CCBA certification candidates must pay a non-refundable application fee before sitting for the CCBA exam. Moreover, they need to pay a non-transferable examination fee as well.
The exact exam fee entirely depends on your membership status. However, the application fee is the same for all candidates. IIBA keeps on offering numerous discounts for their services. Presently, the CCBA application and exam fees are:
- Application Fee – $145
- Corporate Member Exam Fee – $205
- Member Exam Fee – $250
- Non-Member Exam Fee – $405
What are the Techniques to Pass CCBA Certification?
Interested candidates can efficiently pass the CCBA certification test in 7 significant steps. The entire program and exam will take around ten weeks to wrap up. Below are the techniques that will help you pass the CCBA certification with flying colors.
● Attend CCBA Certification Program Training (Week 1-4)
Make sure you choose the course which suits you best. Also, check whether your training institution has all the necessary credentials and certified trainers. It would be best if you considered the course deliverables as well.
● Thoroughly Read BABOK and Regularly Update Study Guide (Week 5)
It would be best if you went through all the areas of BABOK at least once. If you have any doubts, you can easily reach out for help from a certified trainer.
● Fill out the Application for IIBA CCBA Exam (Week 6)
Before filling out the application, carefully go through the application process. After your application has been approved, you need to clear your application fee. Then you will receive your booking ID.
● Finalize Your Suitable Exam Date (Week 7)
You can book your suitable CCBA exam date with the booking ID.
● Prepare Yourself with the Probable Blueprint and Exam Questions (Week 8-9)
You can prepare yourself with the sample questions and blueprints available on the IIBA site.
● Go Through the Study Guide (Week 9)
Make sure you revise and keep yourself updated with the Study Guide.
● Sit for the Exam (Week 10)
The last and final step is to take the test. Make sure you keep yourself stress-free so that you can give your best.
If you are willing to learn the most practical business solutions, enroll yourself for a CCBA course today. We’re sure it will be an influential game-changer for you as a professional business analyst.
Most Active Authors
Theinspirespy is an online platform that publishes news and insights on fashion, beauty, lifestyle, technology and more. A platform for sharing favorite things and knowledge with the world. It’s all about bringing a Spy in you and choosing the right things”