HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, today announced the availability of the Nokia 8 Sirocco, Nokia 7 plus and new Nokia 6 for the Indian market. These award winning new Android One Nokia smartphones were introduced at Mobile World Congress in February earlier this year. In addition to the launch of three new Nokia smartphones, HMD Global also announced the launch of Nokia phones shop – an online shop for all Nokia devices and accessories in the country.
At the launch of the new range of smartphones, Ajey Mehta, Vice President India, HMD Global said, “2017 has been an instrumental year for us – we set up our business operations in the country and launched a portfolio of devices that received overwhelming response from the consumers. Today, we are taking the next significant step forward with the launch of three new Nokia Android smartphones. In 2018, we will continue to strengthen our presence in the country. I am delighted to announce the launch of our exclusive online Nokia phones shop for selling Nokia devices and accessories. We will further our commitment to India by deepening our presence in offline as well as online channels.”
Commenting on the launch, Pranav Shroff, Director, Global Portfolio Strategy & Planning, HMD Global said, “As we progress on our journey as the new home of Nokia phones, our intent is to rapidly scale our smartphone portfolio to cater to a wider segment of consumers who seek a premium smartphone experience with unmatched hardware quality and latest Android experiences. We are delighted to bring to India three new award-winning smartphones – the Nokia 8 Sirocco, the Nokia 7 plus and the new Nokia 6 – each with a very distinct proposition and catering to different consumer segments & price-points. Being part of the Android One family, these Nokia smartphones further emphasize our strong commitment to pure, secure and up-to-date Android.”
Delivering all the craftsmanship you expect from a Nokia phone, each new smartphone offers durability and reliability as standard, with the range setting new benchmarks in materials and design.
With a commitment to a pure, secure and up-to-date Android, each smartphone will stay updated over time with monthly security updates guaranteed and no unnecessary UI changes or hidden processes eating up battery life or slowing them down, so you can enjoy your new phone for longer. By shipping with Android Oreo™ out of the box, you’ll be able to enjoy the latest Android features, including Picture-in-Picture for multitasking, Android Instant Apps to discover and run apps with minimal friction, 60 fantastic new emojis and battery-maximising features like limiting background app use.
• Built on the well-loved design of its predecessor, the new Nokia 6 is crafted from a single block of 6000 series aluminium finished with two-tone anodization to stand out from the crowd
• Robust and made to take everyday knocks thanks to the seamless aluminium unibody and sculpted 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass
• More compact than the previous generation, with an optimally positioned fingerprint sensor for a seamless user experience
• Outstanding structural integrity and best in class craftsmanship delivering a product that is truly built to last Performance to please fans
• Bright 5.5” full HD IPS laminated display with great contrast in a more compact form
• Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 630 Mobile Platform available with either 3GB or 4GB RAM (32GB/64GB ROM)
• 16MP rear camera with ZEISS optics and dual-tone flash for crystal clear images. 8MP wide-angle front camera
• Dual-Sight technology helps you tell both sides of the story, creating the #Bothie by using both front and rear cameras simultaneously. Broadcast live to social networks including Facebook and YouTube
• Unlock a new dimension of sound with Nokia spatial audio capture and playback technology
• 3000mAh battery with USB type-C fast charging. Get 50% charge in just 30 minutes Pure, secure and up-to-date with Android One.
• Regular software updates to keep your phone up-to-date, safe and secure, now with Android One New Nokia 6 sales package.
• New Nokia 6
• Charger, charging / data cable
• Quick guide
• SIM door key
• Standby time: up to 507 hours
• Talk time: up to 16 hours
• MP3 playback: up to 119 hours
• Video playback: up to 12.5 hours
• Networks: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA: Band 1, 2, 5, 8, LTE:
Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 (Full band 41)
• Network speed: LTE Cat. 4, 150Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
• OS: Android 8.0 Oreo™
• Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 630 mobile platform
• RAM/Storage variants: 3 GB LPDDR 4 RAM with 32 GB internal user
memory2 or 4 GB LPDDR 4 RAM with 64 GB internal user memory2
both variants available with MicroSD card slot3
(up to 128 GB support)
• Form factor: Touch monoblock with on-screen keys
• Display: 5.5” IPS LCD full HD (1920 x 1080, 16:9), sculpted Corning® Gorilla® Glass, 403 ppi pixel density, 450nits ,laminated, 1500:1 contrast ratio
• Primary camera: 16MP PDAF / 1.0um / F2.0, dual-tone flash, ZEISS optics
• Front facing camera: 8MP FF, 1.12um / F2.0 / FOV 84˚
• Connectivity & sensors: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, BT 5.0, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS, FM/RDS, USB type-C (USB 2.0), OTG, 3.5mm, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor, accelerometer, ecompass, gyroscope, hall sensor, fingerprint sensor, NFC.
• Battery: Integrated 3000mAh battery4
• Audio: Single speaker with smart amplifier, Nokia spatial audio capture with 2 mics
• Dimensions: 148.8×75.8×8.15 mm (8.6 mm with camera bump)
• Nano SIM
The New Nokia 6: our award-winning phone just got even better
Building on the success of its predecessor, the New Nokia 6 packs even more powerful performance and great new features in a more compact, durable body. Over 60% faster than its award-winning predecessor, it now offers enhanced Dual-Sight, ZEISS optics, USB-C fast-charging, a more compact screen-to-body ratio, Nokia spatial audio and pure, secure and up-to-date Android Oreo™.
The New Nokia 6 takes the original’s precision craftsmanship to the next level by combining a unibody, made from a solid block of 6000 series aluminium, with an 11-hour two-tone anodising and polishing process. And by uniting a sculpted 2.5D display with damage-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the New Nokia 6’s compact and refined body is built to last.
Our engineers have integrated the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 630 Mobile Platform to deliver fast and smooth performance alongside great day-long battery life.
Availability and offers
Available in Black/Copper and White/Copper, consumers can buy the new Nokia 6 starting April 6, 2018 from Nokia phones shop and leading mobile stores across the country including outlets like Sangeetha, Poorvika, Big C, Croma and Reliance. Customers on Airtel can enjoy a cashback of Rs 2000 on Nokia 6 and own the smartphone at an effective price of Rs. 14, 999 Airtel customers can also enjoy an extended free subscription to the Airtel TV app till December 31, 2018.
Additionally, consumers will get 25% instant discount on domestic hotels at MakeMyTrip. All new Nokia 6 consumers will also be eligible for a complimentary 12-month Accidental Damage Insurance by Servify on opening the Kotak 811 savings account and activating it. The new Nokia 6 will be available at zero cost EMI on credit cards and through Bajaj FinServ and Home Credit. ICICI bank will offer a 5% cashback till May 31, 2018.
New Nokia 6 will be available at a recommended best buy price of Rs. 16,999.
Nokia 6 smartphones launched in India